Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Brazilian Waxing w Hot Wax Only The Best Wax

Most salons only use strip wax and personally, I don't like it and neither do my clients. I have been doing this for nearly 30 years and know that the best wax for ANY area is hot wax. It only sticks to the hair and not the skin which is why it is more gentle. We only use hot wax in my salon simply because we get the best results with it. I can even go over areas more than once without ripping the skin off with it. This is especially true for the eyebrows where the skin is much more thin and sensitive.

In the video below you will see the esthetician using a strip wax. That is partially why the people in this video are in so much pain. The other reason is that some of them are new to waxing or at least new to getting a brazilian done!

Trust me, I've had waxing done with strip wax and it's no fun at all. Waxing in general isn't the most pleasant thing but if you've been waxing for as long as I have, you'll find that it gets easier and easier with time. As a matter of fact, I actually like getting waxed now and feel that it's almost like getting a massage. The good thing about hot wax is that it is warm and soothing when it goes on and it takes off dead skin when it comes off which makes you feel lighter, literally!

So, if you want to get waxed, make sure you, first of all, go to someone who has a lot of experience and secondly, uses hot wax. Not sugaring or cold wax, it has to be hot wax. It is the best and not too many salons use that kind because of the expense and the experience.

No comments: